Terms and Conditions – Travel Money
These Online Terms & Conditions were last updated on 29 April 2014.
This Travel Money service is provided by FTT Global Ltd and is only available to UK residents who hold a credit or debit card that is issued in the United Kingdom with a UK billing address.
These terms and conditions explain how the service works, our obligations to you and also your obligations to us.
Within these terms and conditions:
- Online means access to the services through the Internet via a specified secure website accessed uniquely from a link to one of our determined partner websites culminating ultimately at the Travel Money Gateway secure URL.
- Personal Information is the information that we collect when we provide you with the service including any application form, correspondence, e-mails, and telephone calls, through the Internet and the credit/debit card transactions.
- Provision of Services means those services set out below.
- Site means the secure internet site through which you have accessed the service as detailed above.
- We, us, our means FTT Global Ltd.
- Working day means Monday to Friday excluding UK bank and public holidays.
- You, your, customer means the purchaser of any foreign banknotes. By clicking on "Place order now" and "Pay Now" you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions, and agree to be bound by them.
- Name of Provider
- Provision of Services
FTT Global Ltd hereafter referred to as "FTT", "us", "we", "our" or "company" is registered as a company in England and Wales with registration number 05685288. The registered office is located at 145-157 St.John St, London EC1V 4DY.
This service is being provided only to individuals who are aged 18 years or over and resident in the UK. This service should only be used by the registered cardholder making payment for ordering travel money and should not be used by any third party. This service shall not be used for any illegal, fraudulent, speculative or investment purposes.
By using this service you hereby confirm the following:
- You are 18 years or older, on the date of the transaction.
- You are resident in the UK.
- You will only use this service for purchasing foreign currency on your behalf for holiday or business travel.
- You have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
- You also warrant that all the information provided by you is true and accurate in all respects.
- You will not withhold any material information from us or seek to mislead us.
- You also agree to provide us with any other information and to co-operate fully with us in the event of fraud.
- You will comply with all Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- You are the card holder of the card used for making payment and the delivery address is the same as the billing address of the card used for making payment.
- The transaction is for genuine and bonafide purposes only and is not in contravention of any laws.
FTT is a regulated Money Service Business (MSB), registration number 12241114. Any suspicious transactions will be reported to SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency). FTT will monitor all suspicious or unusual transactions regardless of size. FTT also reserves the right to request more information from the customer at any time.
FTT Global Ltd is committed to helping prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. FTT has strict policies and procedures in place to identify its customers and to combat money laundering and terrorist financing. The procedures include:
- Verifying that the customer is who they claim to be by means of identification documentation or by electronic means.
- Monitoring and reviewing customer and transactions.
- Reporting suspicious transactions, false identification data or personal details.
- Retaining customer data for 5 years after the business relationship ends.
- Training staff on our Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing policies and requirements.
We will comply with all Anti Money Laundering regulations and will disclose to the relevant authorities details of any suspicious/unusual transactions without prior notice to the customers.
- The service is provided by FTT Global Ltd.
- Orders placed are subject to a minimum of £200.00 per order and a maximum of £2,500 calculated in Sterling (but sometimes rounded up to the next full note value).
- We will validate names, addresses and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. This is done to confirm your identity only, no credit check is performed and your credit rating will not be affected. All information provided by you will be held securely and treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- To protect against fraud, we apply certain limits to the total value that may be ordered by you or from your billing address. A maximum order value limit applies for foreign currency. If purchasing via a Credit / Debit card you are subject to a maximum order value of £2,500. This service may only be used by an individual four times within any 30 day period and, even then, the combined orders must not exceed £10,000. We reserve the right to alter, at our discretion, the minimum and maximum order values at any time without liability.
- We do not deliver to business /charity/ organisations or work addresses and orders will only be accepted for delivery to the credit/debit card billing address used for making payment and only if addressed to the card holder.
- We reserve the right to decline or cancel any order if these limits are breached and, in this event, we will notify you accordingly by email.
- Payment will only be accepted in Sterling.
- The rate of exchange applied on the site is calculated to four decimals places and will be rounded up to the nearest penny.
- There are some limitations on the denominations of the bank notes that we can supply and we will quote for the nearest available amount to your request.
- The exchange rate applied will be that quoted on our website at the time of the order.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that if competitor rates are shown on the website that they are up-to-date. If there are large rate fluctuations within a 24hour period we reserve the right to withdraw our "Best Exchange Rates Guarantee" as displayed on the website.
- You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on
"Place Order Now" on the payment details screen. By clicking on "Place Order Now" you agree to FTT Global Ltd terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to request more information from you, at any time, to enable us to process and fulfil the order while complying with regulatory requirements.
- We only sell foreign currency banknotes that are displayed on our website and availability is indicated when you select a currency on the order page.
- FTT Global or its affiliates may provide you with a special Promotion Code for use on the Website. Please note that some Promotion Codes may only be available for a limited time. FTT Global does not guarantee the availability of Promotion Codes or the terms of any such offers. FTT Global has the right to refuse orders and/or promotion codes and to withdraw/change offers (without notice), at any time. Subject to availability and has no cash value. One promotional code per person, per order. If you have been provided a Promotion Code by an affiliate, please see affiliate terms and conditions for details of that offer.
When placing your order please follow the instructions on the screen.
There is one delivery option available to you:
- FREE Super Saver (Delivered within 5-7 working days - this is a free service.
Your order will be sent by Royal Mail 1st Class Signed for service and is subject to Royal Mail’s delivery conditions (a copy of which is available from Royal Mail upon request at www.royalmail.com) unless we advise you otherwise.
We may not be able to guarantee time or deliveries to certain remote places within the United Kingdom.
- Deliveries will only be made to the card holder’s billing address of the card used for payment.
- FTT Global will accept no liability if the address you have entered is incorrect.
- A signature will be required on delivery of all orders.
- In the event that you are not at home to sign for the delivery, your order will then be available for collection from the local Post Office or Royal Mail Sorting Office. Full details, including the address, telephone number and opening times will be left when Royal Mail attempt to deliver your order.
- Collection from a Post Office - Should you have to collect your Travel Money from the Post Office, you will be expected to provide appropriate proof of identification before your order is released. We recommend you take your passport.
- If, we have any grounds for suspecting that this service is being used to facilitate fraudulent activity, we reserve the right to cancel and/or intercept the delivery of any order. By using this service you consent to our right to do so.
- To ensure your currency is delivered on time, we recommend that you place your order at least seven working days before the date it is required.
Please Note: A ‘working day’ means Monday to Friday (9am -5pm) excluding Bank and public holidays (and to avoid any confusion, there are no deliveries on Sundays or public holidays).Where Monday is a Bank Holiday your order will be delivered on the Wednesday (depending on the delivery option you have chosen).
- We will not be liable for any losses or expenses incurred due to late delivery or non-delivery. Please note, it is your responsibility to be on site and available to accept and sign for the delivery of your order. We will not accept any liability for fraudulent acts committed by a third party.
- Customers must refuse to accept any damaged packages delivered by Royal Mail. We will not accept any responsibility for damaged packages.
- Royal Mail endeavour to deliver on a ‘next working day’ basis as far as possible. However delivery to certain post codes listed in http://www.royalmail.com/specialdelivery may be delayed. Please note that if your postcode is on this list, your delivery may take longer than planned.
- If you experience any problems with your order please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not accept delivery of your foreign currency for any reason, or you do not collect it from the local Royal Mail office, the foreign currency will be returned to us, whereupon we will issue you with a refund. The amount refunded to your credit or debit card / bank account will be calculated at the exchange rates applicable at the time we process your refund. We reserve the right to deduct a handling charge from any refund, see Section 15 for details.
Payment for your foreign currency order will be accepted only by the following means
Credit /Debit cards issued in the UK
- Master card
- When you order online, we recommend that you print off a copy of the order form. This will contain details of your order number and confirmation of the purchase/s you have made.
- You will also receive an email acknowledgement of the order.
- We will also include an order confirmation with your delivery.
- The charges for delivering your order will appear in the online quote and order summary.
- The total sum payable by you will be shown in your order summary
- Some credit and debit card issuers may treat the transaction as a cash advance and you may be charged a fee by the issuer of the credit or debit card. This may appear separately on your credit card / bank statement and we do not accept any liability for these charges or any interest which may be applied. You should check the application of any such charges directly with the card issuer.
- There are no card handling fees charged if you choose to pay by Visa Electron and Visa Debit, however, if you wish to pay by Visa or MasterCard, we will levy a handling fee of 2.5% of the order value. There are no hidden charges, everything will be shown in your order summary.
- Once you have entered into a contract with us by purchasing your foreign currency, your order cannot be cancelled without incurring an administration fee of £50 or 10% of the purchase order (whichever is greater).
- An order can be cancelled prior to despatch.
- In order to cancel your order you will need to contact us as quickly as possible email@example.com. The order will be refunded using the same method of payment process during the original transaction. This process may take up to 20 days depending on the time taken by your card issuer to process the transaction. If the order is cancelled after it has been despatched, there will be no refund of the delivery charge.
- FTT reserves the right to cancel any order at any time, for any reason, at our absolute discretion. If you are in breach of these terms and conditions you will be liable for any losses that we may incur in this regard. We may also retain any or all of the funds received and details given to us if required to do so by law or pursuant to any competent government, official or regulatory body. FTT has no control over this and we accept no liability.
- Should an order be cancelled before being processed, your card issuer may suspend the funds on your card for up to 10 days. Please be advised that this is out of FTT’s control and we hold no liability in such instances.
- You have up to 48 hours to cancel you order. Cancelation cannot be accepted after this period.
- All credit and debit card users will be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment your order will not be accepted.
- Credit cards will be processed using 3D Secure which is a payment verification protocol where the customer would be required to enter a PIN number.
- 3D Secure is branded as ‘Verified by Visa’ and ‘Master Card Secure Code’ to minimise card fraud. The PIN number will have to be set up with the issuing bank and should not be confused with the PIN issued for the card.
- 3D Secure verifies the card details provided by you. The system is completely automated and we do not store any of the data provided by the 3D Secure system.
- FTT Global excludes itself from any and all liability, for any claim by a customer, if the customer is in breach of the terms and conditions of this service. Any valid claim against FTT Global will be restricted to the sterling amount of any currency order. By using this service you confirm that this is the maximum amount of any claim that may be lodged against FTT Global.
- FTT Global will not be liable to any customer for any losses suffered due to any action or inaction on the part of FTT Global or resulting in loss of profits, indirect losses, loss of business gains, savings, other costs or benefits that may be lost or incurred. FTT Global is not liable for the omissions or commissions of any act by third party involved in the transaction. All implied conditions and terms are excluded to the maximum extent available under law.
- FTT Global shall not be liable if we are unable to process any transaction or fulfil our obligations under these terms directly or indirectly due to the failure of any third party involved in the transaction.
- All conditions, warranties and remedies imposed or implied by any applicable law are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- The customer shall keep FTT Global indemnified in respect of all costs, claims, and losses that we may incur in course of processing the customer’s order. The customer will be liable for and will indemnify FTT Global against all or any costs, losses or liabilities we may incur while processing or as a result of processing your order. This includes any costs, losses or liabilities we may incur with third party currency dealers, banks, payment processors or other institutions. We will claim interest on all overdue amounts at a rate of 4% over the rate at which our banks lend to us.
- None of the information provided in connection with this service constitutes, nor should it be construed as the provision of financial advice. FTT Global provides information using all reasonable endeavours to achieve accuracy but this cannot be guaranteed FTT Global therefore does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided and excludes any implied warranty, in particular where it relates to speed of transfer, date of release of funds, exchange rates, market prices and data. Neither FTT Global, nor any entity from which it receives information shall be liable for any investment or other decisions made on the basis of the information provided.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time and FTT Global reserves the right to make these changes at any time without notice. Before placing an order we recommend that you read these Terms and Conditions In full. Your continued use of this service after these changes constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified.
- FTT Global uses reasonable care and skill in providing this service. However, should you have any complaints about the provision of this service, please contact Customer Services as detailed in the "Contact us" section 22 below.
- These Terms and Conditions and any disputes or claims arising in connection with them are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Any dispute arising from the service shall be resolved exclusively in the English Courts.
- If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid, then the remainder of the agreement will remain in effect.
- We may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement or we may arrange for any other person to carry out our rights and duties under this agreement. We may change the provider of the delivery service to any other person or organisation that we deem fit without prior notice or compensation.
- If you need to contact us with regard to your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.